Italian Sausage With Penne Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Penne
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Sauce, Sausage
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Wedding, Picnic
- 18 oz.(500g.) penne pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds (900g.) Italian sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 (28 oz. or 800g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 oz.(170g.) tomato sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Italian Sausage With Penne directions
Melt butter in a frying pan. Cook sausage in the frying pan over medium heat until the sausage becomes browned on all sides. Add garlic and onion and cook until the onion becomes tender.
Add tomato paste, basil, and tomatoes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Return the mixture to a boil, cover, and simmer it 15 to 20 minutes.
Boil salted water and cook the pasta 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the pasta.
Serve the pasta with the sausage.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Sausage With Penne
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!