Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Soup
- Ingredients: Red Beans, Carrot, Tomato, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Parsley, Tomato Sauce, Beef Broth, Sausage
- Meal Ideas: Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Soups, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 (14 oz. or 392g.) can beef broth
- 12 oz.(336g.) Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (8 oz. or 227g.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can red beans
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Sausage Soup directions
Over medium heat, melt butter in a stockpot. Add sausage to the pot and cook until it is brown.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, carrot, and beef broth. Blend the mixture well and bring it to a boil. Cover the mixture and simmer it for 15 minutes, while stirring.
Add red beans without any liquid. Stir the mixture, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
More Soup Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Sausage Soup
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!