Italian Sausage Sandwich Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Sausages
- Ingredients: Garlic, Basil, Onion, Salt, Butter, Tomato Sauce, Tomato Paste, Sausage, Italian Rolls
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Breads, Finger Foods, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Sporting Event, Picnic
- 8 sandwich rolls
- 8 Italian sausages
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 oz.(170g.) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 oz.(280g.) tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
How to make Italian Sausage Sandwich directions
In a skillet, brown sausages. Remove the sausages when they are cooked.
In a saucepan, melt butter. Place garlic and onion in the saucepan and sauté them until they become crisp.
In a saucepan, add sausages, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, salt, and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat. Cover the saucepan and simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Serve the sausage on rolls.
More Sausages Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Sausage Sandwich
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!