Italian Sausage Casserole Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Sausages
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Zucchini, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Sausage
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Wedding, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 12 oz.(336g.) Italian sausage, casings removed and cut in pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (28 oz. or 800g.) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Italian Sausage Casserole directions
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sausage to the skillet and cook 10 minutes.
In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add garlic, zucchini, and onion. Stir the vegetables occasionally, and cook the vegetables 10 to 15 minutes until they become softened. Stir in tomatoes without juice, basil, and sausage. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes.
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Put the mixture into a 7 x 11 inch baking dish. Bake the casserole 15 to 20 minutes.
More Sausages Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Sausage Casserole
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!