Italian Risotto With Peas And Ham Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, White Mushroom, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Peas, Ham
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 2/3 cup medium grain rice
- 2 ham slices, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 oz.(85g.) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Risotto With Peas And Ham directions
Warm chicken broth in a cooking pot and simmer on low heat.
In a skillet, melt the butter and sauté onion and garlic until onion becomes tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Slowly add the wine and cook until it is absorbed by the rice, stirring frequently.
Ladle 1/2 cup of broth, let the liquid absorb then add another 1/2 cup of warm broth, stirring constantly. Repeat this step, adding 1/2 cup at a time, until the rice is tender and creamy. Before pouring the final 1/2 cup of broth, stir in peas, ham and mushrooms. When rice is done, add cheese, season with salt and pepper and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Risotto With Peas And Ham
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!