Italian Pasta Soup Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Chicken, Carrot, Potato, Tomato, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Navy Beans
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Soups, First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday
- 4 oz.(112g.) fiori pasta
- 6 oz.(170g.) cooked chicken
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup navy beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 carrot, cut in pieces
- 2 golden potatoes, peeled and cut in pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Pasta Soup directions
Rinse and drain the beans and place them in a saucepan with water. Boil the water for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover, and let the beans sit for 1 hour.
Melt butter and add potatoes and carrots to either a saucepan or a Dutch oven and cook for 1 minute. Mix in beans, tomatoes, salt, and chicken broth before bringing the mixture to a boil. Cover the container, and reduce the temperature to a low simmer for around 1 hour until the beans are tender.
Once the soup is ready, add pasta and chicken to the soup, and stir frequently until the pasta is tender but firm.
Serve the soup into bowls.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Pasta Soup
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!