Italian Orecchiette With Sausage Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Orecchiette
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Sausage
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Bachelor Party
- 18 oz.(500g.) orecchiette pasta
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 32 oz.(900g.) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 oz. or 800g. each) cans whole peeled tomatoes, cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Italian Orecchiette With Sausage directions
In a saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and onion. Fry the mixture over medium heat until the garlic and onion are soft. Add sausage to the mixture and continue to fry until the sausage becomes golden.
Mix in tomatoes without juice and season the mixture to taste. Reduce heat and simmer the mixture for 8 to 10 minutes.
Boil a pot of salted water. Cook the pasta 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes tender. Drain the orecchiette and put on a dish. Spoon sauce and sausage on top of the pasta, and toss the mixture. Serve.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Orecchiette With Sausage
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!