Italian Minestrone Soup Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Soup
- Ingredients: Carrot, Potato, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Garbanzo Beans, Cabbage, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Soups, First Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Halloween, Chanukah, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Wedding, Everyday
- 1/2 cup rotini pasta
- 5 oz.(140g.) red cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) whole peeled tomatoes, cut in pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz. or 440g.) garbanzo beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
How to make Italian Minestrone Soup directions
Sauté garlic, potato, onion, and carrot in butter in a large pot for 10 minutes. Add cabbage and continue to sauté for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Add basil and tomatoes (along with the tomato juice), and stir the soup. To season, add both salt and pepper.
Stir in garbanzo beans and chicken broth. Increase the heat until the soup begins to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables become soft.
Boil salted water in a large pot. Place the pasta in salted water in a separate pot for 8 to 10 minutes (or until it is al dente). Drain the pasta, and then stir it into the soup. Sprinkle parmesan cheese across the top of the soup.
More Soup Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Minestrone Soup
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!