Italian Meat Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Paste, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: First Course
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food
- Holidays: Thanksgiving
- Seasons: Fall
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Cocktail Party
- 1 pound (454g.) ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz.(227g.) ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz.(227g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 1/2 lasagna noodles, cut in half (9 halves)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 8 oz.(227g.) tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Meat Lasagna directions
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Put ground beef in a saucepan with melted butter over medium heat. Cook until it becomes brown. Add onion, garlic, tomato paste, and chopped tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir the mixture. Simmer the contents of the saucepan for around 20 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, and basil.
Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, and cover the bottom of the dish with some of the meat sauce. Cover the sauce with 3 of the lasagna noodles, followed by half of the cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process a second time. For the last layer, put the leftover sauce, 3 more noodles and mozzarella cheese.
Cover the dish and bake for 40 minutes before uncovering and baking for an additional 20 minutes. Allow the dish to cool 10 to 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Meat Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!