Italian Chicken Stew Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Dish
- Ingredients: Chicken, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Sugar, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Sauce
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14.5 oz. or 400g.) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz.(227g.) tomato sauce
- Salt, pepper and sugar to taste
How to make Italian Chicken Stew directions
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté onion for 5 minutes in the saucepan until it becomes clear. Stir in garlic, tomatoes, basil, and tomato sauce. Season the mixture with salt, pepper and sugar. Place chicken breasts in the saucepan.
Lower the heat to medium and gently simmer the mixture uncovered for 30 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
More Dish Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Chicken Stew
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!