Italian Chicken Soup Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Soup
- Ingredients: Chicken, Carrot, Tomato, Black Pepper, Salt, Parsley, Chicken Broth, Celery
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Soups, First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 5 oz.(140g.) any small pasta
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro,finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Chicken Soup directions
Place the chicken in a large soup pot with chicken broth. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer the mixture for 15 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool.
Return the broth to a boil. Add celery, tomatoes, and carrots to the broth. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes until the vegetables soften. Add pasta to the broth and continue cooking for an additional 8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
Add cilantro and the chicken to the pot and simmer the soup 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
More Soup Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Chicken Soup
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!