Italian Chicken And Rice Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Dish
- Ingredients: Chicken, Rice, Tomato, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Broth, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3 cups instant rice
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 pounds (680g.) boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 oz.or 800g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Chicken And Rice directions
In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken to the saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir frequently. Put tomatoes and broth into the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the rice to the saucepan.
Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture covered for five minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat source. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes while still covered.
Put the rice and chicken in plates and lightly sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
More Dish Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Chicken And Rice
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!