Italian Beef Roast Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME3 hours 15 minutes
- Dishes: Dish
- Ingredients: Beef, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Beef Broth
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 pounds (1362g.) roast beef round
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
How to make Italian Beef Roast directions
Mix garlic, salt, basil, and black pepper on a large plate. Rub the beef with olive oil. Roll the beef in the seasoning until it is well coated. Place the roast beef in a kettle with any remaining seasoning and oil.
Boil beef broth. Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer the stock for 3 hours. The meat should be well done and tender.
More Dish Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Italian Beef Roast
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!