Homemade Wheat Pasta Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Egg, Olive Oil, Salt, Flour
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: First Course, Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, Chanukah, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
How to make Homemade Wheat Pasta directions
Mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and salt in a mixing bowl or on a clean work surface. Create a well or hollow in the center, and mix in eggs and olive oil. Add 1/2 cup water while mixing the dough until the dough becomes wet enough to stick together. Knead the dough mixture on a lightly floured work surface until it feels stiff and like elastic. Cover the dough and let it sit for 30 minutes.
Using a rolling pin or pasta machine, flatten the dough until it reaches the desired thickness. Once the dough has reached the desired thickness, cut the desired shapes or noodle width into the sheet and then let the noodles air dry for a minimum of 15 minutes.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Homemade Wheat Pasta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!