Homemade Ravioli With Ricotta Cheese Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME55 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Olive Oil, Salt, Butter, Flour, Ricotta Cheese, Romano Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, New Year
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 2 cups romano cheese, grated
- 5 cups white flour
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds (900g.) ricotta cheese
How to make Homemade Ravioli With Ricotta Cheese directions
On a board, place flour. In the middle of the flour make a well. Add salt and mix. Add olive oil and 4 eggs to the flour. Mix all the ingredients together, slowly adding 1/3 cup warm water in order to create dough. Knead the dough well until it becomes smooth. The dough should be neither too sticky nor too stiff. Cover the dough and place it aside.
Mix together 2 eggs, romano cheese, ricotta cheese, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
Cut the dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a thin layer of dough. Place a single spoonful of the filling on one sheet of dough, 1/2 inch away from the edge of the sheet. Keep placing the filling along the dough 1 inch away from each other.
Place a second sheet on top of the first that has the filling on it. Pinch dough around the filling. Cut the ravioli using a knife or cookie cutter. Pinch the ravioli around the edges with a fork. Set the ravioli aside on a floured surface.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the ravioli to a pot. Once the ravioli starts to float, they are done cooking. Remove and serve each portion with butter.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Homemade Ravioli With Ricotta Cheese
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!