Homemade Ravioli Dough Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Olive Oil, Salt, Flour
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Halloween, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make Homemade Ravioli Dough directions
Sift salt and flour together. Place the flour mixture on a board, and create a well at the center of the mound of flour. Add eggs and olive oil to the well in the flour. Mix all of the ingredients together. While mixing, gradually add enough warm water in order to make the dough.
Knead the dough until it becomes smooth. Cover the dough and let it rest 20 to 30 minutes.
Cut the dough in half and roll the dough into a thin sheet on a floured board.
Place any ravioli filling, using 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon of filling, around 2 inches apart across the dough. Once the entire sheet has been used, cover with the second sheet of dough. With your fingers, press the dough between each bit of filling in order to seal it.
Cut each piece of ravioli into a square using a sharp knife or pastry cutter. Let the ravioli dry for one hour.
In boiling water, cook the ravioli until the dough is tender and the ravioli floats to the surface. Remove the cooked ravioli with a large slotted spoon, and drain the ravioli well.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Homemade Ravioli Dough
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!