Homemade Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME1 hour 40 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Sauce, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Gourmet Cooking, Organic Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking
- Courses: First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 24 oz.(680g.) ground beef
- 24 oz.(680g.) ricotta cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 14 oz.(400g.) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 24 oz.(680g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 2 (28 oz. or 800g.) cans whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Homemade Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Boil lasagna noodles in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes.
Place garlic and onions in a skillet with melted butter over medium heat, stirring regularly for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil, salt, and tomato sauce to the mixture and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.
In a mixing bowl, mix egg, basil, cottage cheese, and parmesan cheese.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with 1/4 of the mushroom mixture, followed by 1/4 of the lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cottage cheese, and 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until you have 3 layers in the dish.
Cover the dish and place it in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove the cover from the dish and cook for an additional for 20 minutes. Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Homemade Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!