Homemade Beef Tortellini Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Tortellini
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Flour, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 14 oz.(400g.) ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Homemade Beef Tortellini directions
Sift salt and flour into a bowl and form a well. In the well, put olive oil and eggs and then mix well. Begin adding water, and blend the ingredients until a ball of dough forms. Add water as needed if it becomes too dry. If it becomes too wet, add flour. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead the dough until it becomes like elastic and smooth. Cover, and let the dough sit for 20 minutes.
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat, and cook onion and beef until the meat becomes browned and the onion becomes tender. Season the mixture with salt. Stir in parmesan cheese. Remove the skillet from the heat source.
Split the dough in half, and roll it into a 1/8th inch sheet. Cut 1 1/2 inch circles from the sheet. Place half of a teaspoon of the beef filling into the center of each circle, and fold them in half, with the top being just short of even with the bottom. Press the edges together firmly, and roll the ends together until it forms a ring. Let the tortellini sit and dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and drop in the tortellini. Cook the tortellini until they float to the surface, and remove them using a slotted spoon. Gently mix melted butter into the tortellini and serve.
More Tortellini Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Homemade Beef Tortellini
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!