Healthy Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Salt, Chicken Broth, Broccoli, Porcini Mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 2 cups medium grain rice
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 7 oz.(200g.) porcini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt to taste
How to make Healthy Risotto directions
Warm the chicken broth in the saucepan and simmer on low.
In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender. Add the rice and stir to coat, cooking for couple minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt as needed.
Slowly ladle in one cup of broth and, stirring constantly, allow the broth to be absorbed before adding more. Continue adding the broth, one cup at a time, cooking the liquid down. Stir and cook until the rice is tender and creamy, about 25 to 30 minutes. You might not use all the broth. Stir in broccoli and cheese. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Healthy Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!