Ham Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Ham
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, cut in pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Ham Risotto directions
In a cooking pot, heat the chicken broth and simmer on low.
In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in a half-cup broth and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. Add a second half-cup and repeat. Continue this way, allowing the broth to be absorbed before adding more. Cook until the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender and creamy, about 25-30 minutes. Stir in ham and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat. Check seasoning and add salt if needed. Stir in cheese. Serve on warm plates or shallow bowls.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Ham Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!