Grilled Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME5 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Cornmeal
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Grilling
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
How to make Grilled Polenta directions
Boil four cups of salted water in a large saucepan. Whisk the cornmeal into the water in a slow stream. Reduce the heat and continue to whisk the mixture until the polenta becomes smooth and thick, which should take 20 minutes. Add butter and continue to stir until it is thoroughly mixed. Remove the polenta from heat and add black pepper.
Spread the polenta evenly over a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish with a spatula. Cover the polenta and chill it for a few hours in a refrigerator. Cut the polenta into squares and brush olive oil over both sides of the polenta before transferring it to a hot grill. Grill the polenta on both sides until they turn golden brown.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Grilled Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!