Grilled Italian Sausage Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Sausages
- Ingredients: Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Sausage, Red Bell Pepper
- Meal Ideas: Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Grilling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 32 oz.(908g.) Italian sausage
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 1/2 green bell peppers, quartered lengthwise
- 2 1/2 red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Grilled Italian Sausage directions
Toss 2 tablespoons oil, onion, and peppers. On an oiled grill sheet, grill the vegetables on grill rack 12 to 15 minutes until the vegetables become soft. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil, salt, and pepper to the vegetables. Toss to the vegetables to coat. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
While the vegetables stand, place skewers crisscrossed horizontally through the sausage coil and secure the ends. Grill the sausage directly on a lightly oiled grill rack, over hot charcoal. Turn the sausage over once and cook 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a plate and top them with sausage.
More Sausages Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Grilled Italian Sausage
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!