Gorgonzola Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Gorgonzola Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday
- 6 oz.(170g.) medium grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 oz. or 112g.) gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Gorgonzola Risotto directions
Warm the broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Add the rice to coat. Season with salt to taste.
Slowly stir in wine and cook until wine is absorbed. Pour in warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time and stir, until the broth has been absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of broth and repeat. Stir in cheese. Continue to add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, each time letting the broth to be absorbed before adding more. Cook until the rice is tender but firm. Season with pepper. (Gorgonzola is salty, so no need to add additional salt.)
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Gorgonzola Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!