Goat Cheese Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Parmesan Cheese, Goat Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 2/3 cup medium grain rice
- 3 oz.(85g.) soft goat cheese,cut in pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Goat Cheese Risotto directions
In a saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a medium, heavy saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Add 1/2 cup of the warm broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of broth and stir until it is absorbed by the rice. Continue adding broth, cooking and stirring until the rice is tender and creamy. You might not use all the broth.
Stir in goat cheese, a piece at a time, stirring, so the cheese melts into the rice. Add parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Goat Cheese Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!