Garlic Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3/4 cup carnaroli rice
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Garlic Risotto directions
Heat chicken broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a heavy skillet, melt butter, add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Slowly add the wine and cook until the wine is absorbed.
Add the broth, about 1/2 cup at a time and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Continue cooking and stirring until the rice is tender and creamy, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve in shallow, warm bowls.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Garlic Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!