Garden Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Carrot, White Mushroom, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Tomato Paste, Oregano, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Diet Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Organic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Picnic
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 oz.(454g.) ricotta cheese
- 12oz.(336g.) tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cans (42 oz.or 1176g.) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 oz.(336g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz.(84g.) grated parmesan cheese, divided
How to make Garden Lasagna directions
Place onion, mushrooms, carrot, and green pepper into a saucepan. Cover the vegetables with water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once the water starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables soften. Drain the vegetables.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Put tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano, garlic, pepper, and salt in a second saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, eggs, and parmesan cheese.
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with some of the tomato sauce. Place 3 of the uncooked lasagna noodles on the top. Cover the sauce with 1/3 of the cheese mixture, followed by 1/4 of the vegetables, 1/4 of the tomato sauce, and 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until there are 3 layers in the dish. Cover with any remaining ingredients followed by 1/2 of the parmesan cheese that is still remaining.
Cover the dish and place it in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove the cover from the dish and cook uncovered for an additional 20 minutes, or until the lasagna begins to bubble. Remove the lasagna and let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Garden Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!