Four Cheese Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Flour, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Provolone Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 oz.(140g.) ricotta cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped
- 4 oz.(112g.) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 5 oz.(140g.) provolone cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter
- 6 eggs, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Four Cheese Ravioli directions
In a large bowl, combine 3 eggs, salt, pepper, provolone cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and basil. Mix everything well and set it aside.
With a wooden spoon, stir flour with salt, olive oil, 3 eggs, and water in a large bowl until the dough becomes stiff. Knead the dough on a floured surface until it becomes smooth but not sticky. Cover the dough and let it stand 25 minutes.
Split the dough in half. Roll the halves of dough into thin sheets on top of a floured board. Place the filling on the dough by tablespoons 1 1/2 inches apart on one of the sheets of pasta dough. Place the second sheet of pasta on top of the first, then press gently around the filling to seal the ravioli. With a knife or ravioli cutter, cut the ravioli.
Boil a pot of salted water. Cook the ravioli until they float to the surface of the water. Drain the ravioli and mix it with melted butter.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Four Cheese Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!