Four Cheese Macaroni Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Fontina Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Four Cheese Macaroni directions
Bring salted water to a boil and add macaroni. Cook the macaroni 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the macaroni.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add flour. Stir until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir the mixture while boiling for 2 minutes. Add milk while stirring continuously. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Lower the heat to low, and add the cheeses. Stir the cheeses until they melt completely. Stir the macaroni into the cheese sauce until the macaroni is coated well. Serve.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Four Cheese Macaroni
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!