Fish Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME80-90 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Fish, Carrot, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Potluck
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 6 oz.(170g.) fresh sole fish fillet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2-2 cups fish stock
- 1 whole small onion
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 whole medium carrot
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Fish Risotto directions
Submerge the fish in a pot of cold water. Add the whole onion and carrot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook until the fish is done. Season with salt to taste. Strain the stock. Keep it in a pot and simmer on low. Reserve the fish.
In a skillet, melt butter. Sauté the diced onion until becomes tender. Add the rice to coat and the fish.
Slowly add the fish stock, one ladle at a time until the liquid is absorbed before adding another ladle. Continue stirring and adding stock until the rice is tender and creamy. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Fish Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!