Fennel Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Fennel
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bulbs of fennel
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3-3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Fennel Risotto directions
Remove the core from the fennel bulbs by cutting off the bottom of each bulb and carving out the middle. Thinly slice the fennel vertically.
In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions and fennel until soft. Add the rice and stir to coat, about 1 minute.
Ladle in 1 cup of broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add another cup and let it be absorbed before adding another. Continue this step, stirring, until the rice is al dente but tender to the bite, about 20-25 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Remove from heat and mix in cheese and butter. Add pepper to taste. Warm the serving bowls or plates before ladling on the risotto.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Fennel Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!