Eggplant Meatballs Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Meatballs
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Parsley, Milk, Eggplant, Vegetable Oil
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday
- 1 pound (454 g.) ground beef
- 1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Eggplant Meatballs directions
Put the eggplant in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring the pan to a boil, and then lower the heat and simmer the eggplant until it becomes tender. Remove from heat and let it cool.
Combine ground beef, egg, milk, onion, parsley and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Mash the eggplant and combine it with the meatball mixture. Shape the meatballs from the mixture.
In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat and brown the meatballs until they are done.
More Meatballs Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Eggplant Meatballs
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!