Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Spaghetti Sauce, Eggplant, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Organic Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking
- Courses: First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving
- Seasons: Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Cocktail Party, Everyday, Sporting Event, Picnic
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 (6 oz. or 170g.) cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 oz.(336g.) cottage cheese
- 1 large eggplant, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 (29 oz. or 812g.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Eggplant Lasagna directions
Place eggplant slices in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat and cook until the eggplant begins to brown.
Boil salted water in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta.
In a mixing bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese and basil;seson with salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a 9 x 13 inch dish, and cover the bottom with 1/4 pasta sauce. Lay out a layer of noodles, followed by the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, the cooked eggplant slices, pasta sauce, and parmesan cheese. Repeat this process until there is a total of three layers. Cover the dish and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cover, and continue cooking for another 15 to 20 minutes. Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Eggplant Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!