Easy Spicy Marinara Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Marinara
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Oregano, Red Onion
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1(28 oz. or 800g.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
How to make Easy Spicy Marinara Sauce directions
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion until they become tender.
Add oregano, crushed red pepper and tomatoes to the mixture and simmer it for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and serve over pasta.
More Marinara Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Easy Spicy Marinara Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!