Easy Pasta Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Parsley, Oregano
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Potluck
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween
- Seasons: Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 2 cans (28 oz. or 800g. each) whole peeled tomatoes, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Easy Pasta Sauce directions
Sauté garlic and onion in a large skillet with olive oil for around 5 to 7 minutes until the garlic and onion are tender. Add basil, oregano and tomatoes before bringing the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the burner's heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes uncovered. Season with salt and pepper. Add parsley.
Place any cooked pasta in a dish and cover with sauce.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Easy Pasta Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!