Easy Macaroni And Cheese With Tomatoes Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Butter, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 18 oz.(500g.) elbow macaroni
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound (454g.) white sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Easy Macaroni And Cheese With Tomatoes directions
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Bring salted water to a boil in a pot. Add macaroni and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes tender. Drain the pasta and move half of it to a deep 12-cup greased casserole dish.
Spread the first half of the pasta evenly in a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the macaroni in the casserole, followed by the remaining macaroni and the remaining cheese. Layer the tomatoes on top of the casserole.
Toss melted butter with bread crumbs and sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the casserole.
Bake the casserole covered 35 to 40 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 10 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Easy Macaroni And Cheese With Tomatoes
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!