Easy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Cacciatore
- Ingredients: Chicken, Tomato, Garlic, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Salt, Parsley, Portabella Mushrooms
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 6 pieces boneless chicken breast
- 4 portabella mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28 oz. or 800g. each) cans whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Easy Chicken Cacciatore directions
In a large frying pan heat half of the olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and brown the chicken for about 5 minutes per side.
Remove the chicken. Add the remaining olive oil in the same frying pan. Reduce the heat to medium, and add garlic, crushed red pepper, and mushrooms. Season the mixture with salt to taste, cover the mixture and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or they become tender and have released their juice.
Add parsley and tomatoes to the mixture. Cut the chicken in pieces, and place it in the sauce, and simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes. Toss the cacciatore with pasta and serve.
More Cacciatore Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Easy Chicken Cacciatore
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!