Easy Arborio Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Easy Arborio Risotto directions
In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Slowly pour in 1/2 cup chicken stock. Cook and stir until chicken stock is absorbed by the rice. Repeat this step, adding 1/2 cup of stock at a time, stirring constantly. Rice is done when tender and creamy and the liquid has been absorbed. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Remove from heat. Stir in remaining butter. Ladle the risotto onto a warm serving dish or bowl and sprinkle Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Easy Arborio Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!