Curry Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock, Heavy Cream, Currant
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Curry Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken stock and simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until soft. Stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add rice to coat and toast, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
Slowly add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and, stirring constantly, let the liquid absorb before adding another 1/2 cup of stock. Repeat this step until the rice is firm but tender and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix in cream, currants and butter. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for few minutes. Stir again before serving.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Curry Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!