Creamy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Vegetable Broth, Porcini Mushrooms
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, Chanukah, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 14 oz.(400g.) porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Creamy Mushroom Risotto directions
In a cooking pot, heat the stock and simmer on low.
In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and sauté the mushrooms in butter until tender.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion becomes soft. Add rice and stir to coat.
Add 1/2 cup of the hot stock and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup stock and continue stirring until the liquid is absorbed. Continue cooking this way until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat.
Mix in the mushrooms, remaining 1 tablespoon butter and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve on warm plates or bowls.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!