Cream Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME100 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Paste, Cream Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Sporting Event, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 4 1/2 lasagna noodles, cut in half (9 halves)
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 16 oz.(454g.) ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 (6 oz. or 170g.) can tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 5 oz.(140g.) cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Cream Cheese Lasagna directions
Cook onion, garlic, and beef in a buttered skillet until the meat is browned. Drain the grease from the skillet and add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil. Increase the heat, and bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, and evenly cover the bottom of the dish with the sauce. Layer 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cream cheese, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, followed by 1/3 of the parmesan cheese. Repeat the process of layering until there are 3 layers altogether.
Cover the dish, place in the oven, and bake the lasagna for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese melts and becomes bubbly. Remove the dish and let the lasagna cool for 10 minutes before serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Cream Cheese Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!