Crab Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Crab Meat
- Meal Ideas: Gourmet Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 3 oz.(85g.) lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Crab Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a large skillet, sauté onion in butter over medium heat until becomes tender. Add the rice and stir to coat, about 3 minutes.
Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of broth and stir, cooking until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this step, allowing each 1/2 cup of broth to be absorbed before adding more. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy, about 25 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the crabmeat and cheese and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Crab Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!