Crab Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Crab Meat, Flour, Ricotta Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Picnic
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (6 oz. or 170g.) can lump crab meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Crab Ravioli directions
Stir flour and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, olive oil, and warm water to the mixture in order to make dough. Knead dough on a floured board until it becomes smooth but not sticky. Do not let the dough become too stiff. Cover the dough with plastic wrap let it rest 20 minutes.
In a bowl, combine crab meat, ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper. Set it aside.
Cut the dough into 4 pieces. Roll each part to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut the sheet into 2 inch squares. Place 1 teaspoon of the crab mixture at the center of half of the squares. Cover the topping with the remaining squares. Seal the outside of each of the squares in order to form the ravioli.
Boil a large pot of salted water. Place the ravioli in the water and cook for 2 minutes, or until the ravioli rise to the top of the pot.
Mix the ravioli with melted butter before serving.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Crab Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!