Cottage Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME135 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Veal, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Tomato Paste, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Organic Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck
- Holidays: Christmas, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Wedding, Birthday Party
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 24 oz.(680g.) ground veal
- 24 oz.(680g.) cottage cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 (12 oz. or 336g.) cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 pounds (908g.) tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (4 oz. or 112g.) cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- 10 oz.(280g.) tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Cottage Cheese Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Sauté garlic and green pepper in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat until the garlic and green pepper are tender. Stir in ground veal, and continue to cook until the meat browns. Mix in tomato paste, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Continue to simmer the mixture for 50 minutes until the sauce thickens.
In a separate bowl, mix egg, basil, salt, and cottage cheese.
Boil lasagna noodles in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with a small amount of the meat sauce. Lay out 1/3 of the noodles on top of the sauce, followed by 1/3 of the meat sauce, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and 1/3 of both parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the process until there are 3 layers.
Cover the baking dish and cook the lasagna for 35 minutes. Then, remove the cover from the dish and continue cooking for another 20 minutes. Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Cottage Cheese Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!