Corn Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Corn, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3/4 cup carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup white corn
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Corn Risotto directions
Heat the chicken broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a large, heavy skillet, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and sauté the onion and garlic until onion becomes tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Slowly add the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
Add the chicken broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, letting it absorb before adding more. After the third 1/2 cup has been added, stir in the corn. Add additional broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the rice is tender and creamy, but still firm, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in remaining butter and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper as needed and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Corn Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!