Coconut Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME30-35 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Butter, Vegetable Broth, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Coconut Risotto directions
Mix coconut milk with vegetable broth in a medium saucepan. Heat this mixture and simmer on low.
In a sauté pan, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and sauté onion until tender. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Pour in 1/2 cup of the broth/coconut mixture and, stirring constantly, cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup and again, stir until the liquid is absorbed. Continue cooking this way for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender and creamy. You might not use all the broth.
Stir in the remaining butter and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in warm bowls.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Coconut Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!