Classic Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Salt, Butter, Tomato Paste, Oregano, Ricotta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Side Dish, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday
- 4 1/2 lasagna noodles, cut in half (9 halves)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz.(227g.) lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 oz.(112g.) tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 8 oz.(227g.) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
How to make Classic Lasagna directions
Cook garlic, onion, and ground beef in a saucepan with butter until the meat begins to brown. Season the mixture with salt, and drain the grease. Add tomato paste, oregano, and tomatoes to the mixture and bring it to a boil. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat, stir occasionally, and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, and basil.
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Grease the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with the sauce. Layer 3 noodles over top of the sauce, followed by 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mix, and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process, and cover with a third set of lasagna noodles, sauce, and the remainder of the mozzarella.
Cover the dish and bake it for 35 minutes. Remove the cover from the dish, and continue to cook for another 20 minutes, or until the lasagna begins to bubble. Remove the dish and let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Classic Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!