Chocolate Tiramisu Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Whipping Cream, Red Wine, Egg Yolk, Mascarpone Cheese, Ladyfinger, Espresso
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes, Chocolate Desserts
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 2 packages ladyfingers (24 cookies)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet shaved chocolate
- 2 large squares bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1/2 plus 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 oz. (170g.) mascarpone cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups strong espresso, warm (not hot)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
How to make Chocolate Tiramisu directions
Make the Italian custard first by melting 1/4 cup shaved chocolate and 2 tablespoons whipping cream together in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth and creamy and remove from heat.
Beat together the wine, the egg yolks and the sugar in a bowl. Place in a double boiler and whisk until it becomes a thick cream, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine the egg yolk/wine mixture and chocolate/cream mixture, cover and chill in the refrigerator, at least 1 hour.
Assemble the tiramisu by beating together the 2/3 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Place the softened mascarpone cheese in a mixing bowl and add this whipped cream into it. Now add in the Italian custard (chilling in the fridge). This is your filling. Cover and put in the refrigerator again.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and espresso.
Put a parchment paper at the bottom of 9x13 inch baking pan. Let it hang over the sides.
Place 1/2 ladyfingers at the bottom of the pan. Using pastry brush, brush them with half of sweetened espresso. Scoop out half of the filling and spread it over the ladyfingers. Place the remaining ladyfingers on the filling. Brush with the remaining half of espresso. Spread another half of the filling over these. Sprinkle grated chocolate on the top. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chocolate Tiramisu
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!