Chicken With Cacciatore Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Cacciatore
- Ingredients: Chicken, White Mushroom, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 20 oz.(560g.) chicken breast halves
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 pancetta slices, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 oz.(56g.) fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chicken With Cacciatore Sauce directions
In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add pancetta to the skillet, and cook it until becomes crisp. When done, place it on top of a paper towel in order to let it cool and drain. Once cooled, coarsely chop it.
Brown the chicken on all sides in the same skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Remove the chicken and set it to the side.
Add more oil if there is not enough and add garlic, green pepper, and onions. Reduce the temperature to medium- low, cover and cook the mixture for about 5 minutes.
Mix the bacon thoroughly with vegetables. Stir mushrooms into the mixture and add the tomatoes, stirring well.
Add the chicken to the mixture, and cover. Simmer the mixture over medium- low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes. Turn the chicken to ensure that it is evenly cooked.
More Cacciatore Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken With Cacciatore Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!