Chicken Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Chicken, Garlic, Olive Oil, Salt, Butter, Flour, Ricotta Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Wedding, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 5 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (454g.) ground chicken
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Ravioli directions
Place flour on a counter, mix in salt, and create a well in the center. Mix together eggs and olive oil. Add warm water to create dough. Knead the dough, until it becomes smooth. The dough should not become too sticky or too stiff. Cover the dough and set it aside 15 to 20 minutes.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to the skillet and cook it until it becomes brown. Drain.
Put the chicken in a bowl, and mix it with salt, garlic, and ricotta cheese.
Cut the dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each part of the dough to 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into 2 inch squares. Place 1 teaspoon of the chicken mixture into the middle of each square. Top each square with the remaining squares. Seal the outside of the squares using a moistened fork.
Boil a large pot of lightly salted water. Cook the ravioli until they begin to float to the surface and the dough becomes tender. Drain the water and mix the ravioli with melted butter.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!