Chicken Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Chicken, Tomato, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and cut in half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Chicken Polenta directions
Melt butter in a deep skillet. Add chicken breasts to the skillet and sauté them for 5 minutes. Flip the breasts and sauté for 5 additional minutes until they are very brown. Stir garlic and tomatoes into the skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. While stirring occasionally, cover the skillet and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
Boil 5 cups of salted water in a large saucepan over high heat. Whisk in the polenta and continue to stir it constantly. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the mixture until the polenta is thick, creamy and tender. Whisk the polenta frequently, and adjust the heat of the stove to maintain a gentle simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Once the polenta has finished cooking, mix in parmesan cheese. Season the polenta with black pepper to taste.
Top polenta with the chicken and serve.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!